|Platform(s)||MS-Windows and Linux|
|Language(s)||German and English|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
(In the original English version, the game begins with a note from the author, apologizing that most of the text is still in German, and recommends that if you understand German, to play that version instead.)
You might be anyone, carrying nothing. You were marching through the forest to the town of Sigor when the ground collapsed beneath your feet. You wake up in a small cave, lit by the hole you fell through three meters above you. What now?
- Trap Cave (Emilian Kowalewski; 01-Oct-2009; MS-Windows and Linux; German and English).
- IF Comp 2009: 23rd place of 24 entries.
Version 1.0 German story data
- IFID: AD21A3AC1C04E3B405C593D06630363F
IFID links: IFDB
- Download trapcave_de.nx from the IF Archive. Story file.
- Note: Put this file in a Game subdirectory.
Version 1.0 English story data
- IFID: F305D28A80FDD53B972E0F899193D35D
IFID links: IFDB
- Download trapcave_en.nx from the IF Archive. Story file.
- Note 1: Put this file in a Game subdirectory.
- Note 2: Most of the "English" version is still in German. Only the names and descriptions of inventory objects seem to have been translated.
Put the following 3 files in your main Node-X directory:
- Download nxi.exe from the IF Archive. Node-X Interpreter for Windows. Only needed if you're using Windows.
- Download nxi-linux from the IF Archive. Node-X Interpreter for Linux. Only needed if you're using Linux.
- Download nodex.ini from the IF Archive. Node-X configuration file.
Put the following 3 files in a Docs subdirectory:
- Download NXI_ChangeLog.txt from the IF Archive. Text file listing the changes in NXI's development. Optional.
- Download NXI_Checksums.md5 from the IF Archive. Lists the proper checksums for all story files and NXIs included with this release.
- Download NXI_Features.txt from the IF Archive. Text file describing the main features of NXI. Optional.
Put the following 3 files in a Game subdirectory:
- Download index.ini from the IF Archive. The games directory; needed so NXI can locate your Node-X story files and present them in logical groups (up to 9 games at a time).
- Download demoroom_en.nx from the IF Archive. One room demo game in English. This can be read in a text editor.
- Download demoroom_de.nx from the IF Archive. The same one room demo game in German.
In a User subdirectory, create three subsubdirectories: Logs, Protocol, and Save.
Put the following 2 files in User/Logs:
Put the following file (and the 2 walkthroughs listed below in Spoilers) in User/Protocol:
Put the following file in User/Save:
- Trap Cave (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Trap Cave - at IFDB.
- Trap Cave (2009, deutsch) - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Trap Cave (2009, englisch) - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Renee Choba.
- Review by Conrad.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Ben Dixon.
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by FrozenIsles Productions.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Imrihamun (Cobaltnine).
- Review by Denis Klotz.
- Review (in Russian) and Baf's Guide review (old link) by Valentine Kopteltsev (uux).
- Review by Juhana Leinonen.
- Review by Jimmy Maher - in SPAG.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by George Penrose.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by reviewslinger.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by tenjouutena.
- Review by Mark J. Tilford (ralphmerridew).
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.
- Review (YouTube video) by Wintericecrystal.