(Redirected from User:Merk)
Note: "Merk" redirects here. For the speed-if game called "Merk", see Merk (game).
Mike's nickname on the ifMUD is Merk.
Mike can be contacted at either of the following addresses:
- sidneymerk [AT] hotmail .com
- wyndo [AT] prowler-pro .com
- Mystic Force (1993; QuickBASIC).
- Breath Pirates (1997; QuickBASIC).
- Lunatix: The Insanity Circle (1999; QuickBASIC). IF Comp 1999: 12th place. Was a finalist for Best Puzzles, Best Story, Best Writing, and Best Game at the XYZZY Awards 1999.
- Trading Punches, Part 1 of The Convergence Saga (as "Sidney Merk"; 2004; Hugo). IF Comp 2004: 10th place.
- Distress (01-Oct-2005; Hugo). IF Comp 2005: 4th place. XYZZY Awards 2005: Winner of Best Puzzles; also a finalist for Best Use of Medium, Best Individual Puzzle (beating the creature), Best Setting, Best Story, and Best Game.
- The Traveling Swordsman (as Anonymous; 30-Sep-2006; Hugo). IF Comp 2006: 4th place. XYZZY Awards 2006: Winner of Best Story. Also finalist for Best Game, Best Puzzles, and Best Individual PC (PC).
- The Profile (31-Oct-2013; Hugo). Ectocomp 2013: 8th place of 25 entries.
- ZombieDating.zom (as Anonymous; Twine; Web browser). Ectocomp 2013: 10th place of 25 entries.
- Trollface (2013; Hugo).
Review and Article Credits
- IF Comp reviews: 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006 (alone), 2006 (with Jason Devlin), 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- Spring Thing reviews: 2006.
- C32 Contest: reviews.
- Contributor to The Non-Comp Review Project 2004 (these reviews are also available at his website).
- Reviews for SPAG.
- Current maintainer of IFCollab, the Interactive Fiction Collaborators List.
- Chancellor (Kevin Venzke; 01-Oct-2005; TADS 2).
- Nothing But Mazes (Greg Boettcher; 17-Jul-2006; TADS 3).
- Legion (Jason Devlin; 30-Sep-2006; Z-code 5).
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret (Jim Aikin and Eric Eve; 16-Feb-2008; TADS 3).
- Sidney Merk's Interactive Fiction Home Page - is actually Mike Snyder's IF homepage.
- Mike Snyder (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Lunatix Online is a browser-based multiplayer RPG co-written by Mike Snyder and Anna Kasl.
- StarLock is a browser-based multiplayer MUD-like RPG (sci-fi) written by Mike Snyder.