Hello. I'm trying to contact you because you're listed as being the one who's made pages about me on the wiki (Reiko_Yukawa and Reiko). I'd like to confirm that I'm the one who did the things on both pages and ask if you could merge them for me. Thanks. - Reiko (September 1, 2008)
- Thank you for the info! I merged the pages. --Eriorg 10:53, 1 September 2008 (PDT)
Bonjour Eriorg, Ca va? That is my French vocabulary exhausted. Just saying hello and thanks for looking after the "Adventure Convention" and "Megapoints" etc pages. I am slowly adding a few edits when I can.--Froggy 05:53, 17 April 2009 (PDT)
- You're welcome! And thank you for your edits.
- Could you confirm that the first Adventure Convention was in 1990, not 1989? I wrote why I think so on that page (link), but it apparently means that the homepage of the convention contains a mistake... --Eriorg 07:32, 17 April 2009 (PDT)
- I have it on good authority that 1990 is the correct date. This should be confirmed next week as there is a meeting in London where Doreen Bardon will double check with those who were there. I will have to tell the convention site editor of the error.--Froggy 14:18, 17 April 2009 (PDT)
Thank you very much! --Eriorg 15:03, 17 April 2009 (PDT)
Hi, Eriorg. I'm very happy with your contributions to IFWiki, and I'd like to give you more freedom to edit here. I'd like to make you an official admin of IFWiki with sysop rights as per http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Administrators . This will let you delete and undelete pages, protect and unprotect pages, and rollback changes on pages. I probably should have upgraded your status earlier than this, but well, have you ever heard the story of The Shoemaker and the Elves? This may sound very silly, but I worry that if I make you an admin, you might disappear on me, and I don't want you to go! It also occurred to me that I should ask first if you want to be an admin; if I'm reading this correctly, I can't remove admin privileges once granted.
So, do you want to be an admin? (yes/no/maybe/request more info) Let me know!
In unrelated news, I've emailed baf regarding our latest spambot attacks, and I suggested yet another set of strings to append to the $wgSpamRegex variable, but it feels like I'm trying to fix a leaky pipe with a box of Band-Aids. If you can think of a way we can block this spambot more effectively, please let me or baf know. Thanks. -- David Welbourn 07:42, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
- Well, maybe! It would certainly be useful for deleting spam pages, at least...
- But I'm a bit afraid that I could delete some things irrevocably by accident... Could it happen? As a non-administrator, I'm sure I can't make any changes which can't be reverted, and that's reassuring :-) .
- About the $wgSpamRegex variable, I have no idea at all; I don't even know what a $wgSpamRegex variable is. I don't know much about managing websites/wikis/servers in general; I hope it's not a problem for an administrator? --Eriorg 10:36, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
- Deleting isn't quite that accident-prone. Clicking the delete tab takes you to a page that asks you why you're deleting it and the real delete button. So it's a two-step process. But even if you accidentally deleted a page, I believe admins can undelete it via the deletions log page. (So far, I've never needed to undelete, so I don't know if there's a time when pages are completely truly unrecoverable.)
- $wgSpamRegex is a variable in one of the code files. I can't edit it, but baf can. If defined, it specifies patterns of text that the wiki software can veto from any new edits. Behind the scenes, I've been asking baf to add patterns to this variable in the hopes of blocking our spambot. Obviously we've only been partially successful. Perhaps we need to try to make the creation of new accounts more difficult; I'm not really sure yet. Anyway, you needn't worry about $wgSpamRegex at all. I just thought you might want to know what I've tried so far, or that you might have your own suggestions. -- David Welbourn 12:40, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
I see. OK, you can make me an admin. --Eriorg 12:47, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
- Done. And thanks! -- David Welbourn 13:05, 24 July 2009 (PDT)
Hello! Thanks for making me a TrustedUser. Much appreciated. --sedm0784 10:28, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- You're welcome! (Of course, we'd all prefer that there wouldn't be any spammers and therefore no need for that TrustedUser category...) --Eriorg 07:29, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, Eriorg! I was adding all the testing credits for Snowquest to the various people's pages when I encountered the problem that I couldn't save El Clérigo Urbatain's page because it already contained, in an unrelated section, a link to his blog that is not whitelisted. It would be very nice if you could look into the matter, thanks! --StJohnLimbo 00:25, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- I've added that blog to MediaWiki:Spam-whitelist; it should work now. --Eriorg 08:00, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
- Cool, thank you! --StJohnLimbo 21:41, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- You're welcome! --Eriorg (talk) 03:28, 29 May 2020 (UTC)