|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing, waiting for the XYZZY Awards ceremony to begin. You're standing in a massive auditorium where you see a stage (with podium and curtain), a mural, waiters with canapes, plentiful seating, and a chalkboard. Soon, many people arrive, and inky compliments Jota's cummerbund.
- Contains some of the actual dialogue from the first half of the XYZZY Awards 2003 ceremony. The room and scenery items are reasonably faithful copies of the Massive Auditorium and its scenery items as they were implemented on ifMud at the time.
- Everyone that appears in the game, with the possible exception of FanBoy, were actual attendees at the event, and several of them are ifMud regulars. However, the only NPCs implemented as game objects (Jota, inky, and lpsmith) can only be examined, but not otherwise interacted with.
- Deliberate guess-the-verb puzzle, although several synonyms are supported.
- The "wait" command in this game is broken; it does not advance the time nor trigger every-turn event messages.
Trivia and Comments
- Looking at Jota when on ifMud causes a golden sphere to appear in your inventory.
- Yay Games (David Welbourn; 2004; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 040228 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-040228-5E10
IFID links: IFDB
- Speed-IF Century entry.
- Room count: 1.
- Download SpeedIF_Century.zip from the IF Archive - All the games in Speed-IF Century. The story file for this game is yaygames.z5.
- Or just download yaygames.z5 from the author's site.
- Yay Games (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Yay Games at CASA.
- Yay Games at IFDB.
- Yay Games at ifwizz.