Being Andrew Plotkin
A humorous IF parody of the movie Being John Malkovich by "Celie Paradis", the game casts the player as either of the two protagonists Peter and Valerie, as they discover a tunnel leading into the mind of IF author Andrew Plotkin, as well as the truth about their office supervisor.
|Being Andrew Plotkin|
|Author(s)||J. Robinson Wheeler|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
- Being Andrew Plotkin (J. Robinson Wheeler as "Celie Paradis"; 2000; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 000928 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-000928-2C24
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 2000: 3rd place of 53 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2000: Winner of Best Game and Best NPCs. Finalist for Best Individual NPC (Melvin), Best Individual PC, Best Individual Puzzle (the recursive room), and Best Story.
- Download bap.z5 from the IF Archive - The story file.
- Being Andrew Plotkin homepage.
- Being Andrew Plotkin (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Being Andrew Plotkin - at IFDB
- Being Andrew Plotkin - at SPAG.
- Being Andrew Plotkin - at IF Ratings.
- Exploring the 'Best Games': Being Andrew Plotkin - by Mathbrush.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.