- Zork a.k.a. Dungeon (with Tim Anderson, Bruce Daniels and Dave Lebling; 1979).
- Zork I (with Dave Lebling, publisher: Infocom; 1980; Z-code).
- Zork II (with Dave Lebling, publisher: Infocom; 1981; Z-code).
- Zork III (with Dave Lebling, publisher: Infocom; 1982; Z-code).
- Deadline (publisher: Infocom; 1982; Z-code).
- Enchanter (with Dave Lebling, publisher: Infocom; 1983; Z-code).
- Border Zone (publisher: Infocom; 1987; Z-code).
- Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (with Michael Berlyn, implementor: G. Kevin Wilson, publisher: Activision; 1997; Z-code).
- Created the ZIL programming language and the Zilch compiler.
- Co-created and maintained the Z-machine virtual computer.
Review and Article Credits
- "Zork, a Computerized Fantasy Simulation Game." (with Dave Lebling and Tim Anderson.) IEEE Computer, April 1979.
- "How to Fit a Large Program Into a Small Machine." (with Stu Galley.) Creative Computing, July 1980.
- Co-founded and acted as vice-president of Infocom.
- More Interviews With the Infocommies (Marc Blank, Dave Lebling and Steve Meretzky) (archived) - XYZZYnews #10, July/August 1996.
- History of Zork Now Available on Gamasutra: Read Full Interviews Here! - Interviews with Dave Lebling, Marc Blank, Steve Meretzky, Howard Sherman, David Cornelson, and Nick Montfort. Interviewed by Matt Barton, June 2007.