Accessibility for blind players
- Interactive fiction and VI accessibility: a framework for discussion. Also available in RTF format. Blog post by Neophyte, November 2010.
- Intfiction.org discussion of Neo's blog post. November 2010.
- Notes on Screen Reader Accessibility. Observations from Neil Butters at intfiction.org. August 2013.
- Emphasizing words, using status bars and multiple windows, and describing cover art (1, 2). A few suggestions and observations from Neil Butters in the "Are static objects REALLY that important" thread at intfiction.org. August 2014.
- Accessibility observations by Wade Clarke: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Series of blog posts from April through June 2015.
- Accessibility efforts in web-based IF. Discussion at intfiction.org. May 2015.
- Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation's accessibility testing program:
Many items on this list were shamelessly lifted from Neophyte's article:
- Able Gamers. Accessibility resources for caregivers, game developers, and gamers.
- Assistive Gaming Interactive Fiction page. An blog post on accessible interactive fiction for newcomers.
- Audio Games. A catalogue of audio games to download and play.
- Audio Games’ Resource Page. A wealth of articles, transcripts and documents relating to accessibility gaming.
- Audyssey. An audio gamers mailing list.
- Game Accessibility. The website of a research project that focuses on the accessibility of electronic games for gamers with disabilities.
- Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation Accessibility Testing Report (2019). Includes recommendations to improve the accessibility of IF technology and games.
- Kitchen’s Inc. Web site for accessible games made by Jim Kitchen.
- PCS games. An accessible game development company. Includes useful links to other accessible gaming sites.
- USA Games Interactive. Audio gaming site for the company USA Games Interactive.
- Incant open source Android interpreter app with both speech output and speech recognition, could be further developed to have voice game selection and menu navigation.