|Author(s)||The Dominant Species|
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 4|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a menu with eleven options, promising all sorts of information and help, but it soon becomes obvious that the menu is just a big façade with no real information behind the options. Option 1 begins the game proper.
There are quotes by Robert Burton and William Shakespeare on the topic of murder.
Then there's a title page, proclaiming that you are the PROFFESSIONAL [sic], and that the author doesn't make games; he makes art.
You, a hitman, are carrying a gun in a room belonging to the guy you're supposed to kill. There's a desk, window, and painting. Since the guy isn't here yet, you suppose you'll look at his stuff.
- Professional (The Dominant Species; 07-Jul-2006; ADRIFT 4).
Professional.zip contains the following files:
- Development Diary.txt.
- LATIN_.MID - Optional music file; playing time 25 seconds.
- Professional.pdf - PDF file which contains the text of both walkthroughs and the development diary. There is also a short uninformative interview (but very in the spirit of the game) of The Dominant Species by Mike Morelandhound in February 30, 2006.
- Professional.taf - The story file.
- TECHNO.MID - Optional music file; playing time 37 seconds.
- walkthrough_full.txt - Walkthrough as a full transcript.
- walkthrough_short.txt - Walkthrough with just the necessary commands.