Zork, buried chaos
|zork, buried chaos|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing. You were exploring the underground empire when a sudden cave-in trapped you inside. Now you must try to escape. You begin in a small room featuring an elvish sword, a brass lantern, several crates, and a hole.
- Although the game mentions "Zork" in its title, it appears only to signal that the game is a "cave crawl", and a very generic one at that. The only obvious traces of Zork-ness in the game appear to be all in the initial room: the brass lantern, the elvish sword, and the mention that you're in an "underground empire".
- Several bugs, including a missing room connection which makes the game unwinnable during normal play. However, if the player is very lucky, it is possible for the player character to be teleported to a location where an essential item can be found that makes winning the game possible, albeit by skipping most of the game. However, it is also possible for the game to teleport the PC to his own location, resulting in an infinite loop.
- zork, buried chaos (Brad Renshaw as "bloodbath"; 01-Oct-2009; Z-code).
- zork, buried chaos (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- zork, buried chaos - at IFDB.
- zork, buried chaos - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Renee Choba.
- Review by Riff Conner.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Ben Dixon.
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by FrozenIsles Productions.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by N. B. Horvath.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Imrihamun (Cobaltnine).
- Review by JonathanCR - at IFDB.
- Review by Denis Klotz.
- Review (in Russian) and Baf's Guide review (old link) by Valentine Kopteltsev (uux).
- Review by Amanda Lange.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Juhana Leinonen - in SPAG.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review by George Oliver.
- Review by Wesley Osam.
- Review by George Penrose.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by George Shannon.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Mike Snyder.
- Review by Mark J. Tilford (ralphmerridew).
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.
- Review (in Russian) by yandexx.